First Aid Kit
Why do you need in a First Aid Kit?
Falls, bee stings, burns, allergic reactions -- all of these are common accidents that can happen in any home or on any outing. That's when a first aid kit comes in handy. When you have a well-stocked first aid kit, you have the supplies you need to be ready for most minor emergencies.
- Include any personal items such as medications and emergency phone numbers or other items your health-care provider may suggest.
- 1 flashlight (check to make sure batteries are working)
- 2 absorbent compress dressings
- 25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
- 1 adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
- 5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
- 5 antiseptic wipe packets
- 2 packets of aspirin (81 mg each)
- 1 blanket
- 1 breathing barrier (with one-way valve)
- 1 instant cold compress
- 2 pair of nonlatex gloves (size: large)
- 2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each)
- 1 roller bandage (3 inches wide)
- 1 roller bandage (4 inches wide)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (3 x 3 inches)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (4 x 4 inches)
- Oral thermometer (non-mercury/nonglass)
- 2 triangular bandages
- Check the kit regularly.
- Check expiration dates and replace any used or out-of-date contents.
Have questions on any of the items listed above? Stop in and ask one of our knowledgeable staff members and we will help you put the first aid kit together!